Get the Extraordinary Outdoor Signage Your Brand Deserves.
You can select & review sign options by mounting method.
Or choose a specific sign material further down this page
Wall-Mounted Outdoor Signs
Wall-mounted signs are available in a variety of formats and materials, all designed to withstand the elements and show off your business at its best. Explore the available options and find additional information including technical construction details and price estimates.
Hanging signs are similar to wall-mounted signs - they are available in a variety of formats and materials, all designed to withstand the elements and show off your business at its best. The minimum recommended thickness for hanging signs is greater, to ensure a high-quality, long-lasting product.
Explore the available options and find additional information including technical details and price estimates.
Post-Mounted Signs are perfect for attracting attention from passers-by on a busy street and as secondary signage in parking lots and outdoor areas. Post-Mounted signs are a great option for temporary signage and when you want to showcase your business beyond a sign over the door. There are many formats and styles available for Post-Mounted signs. Get a quote and free design consult today to explore your options.
Illuminated Cabinet Signs
Illuminated Cabinet Signs are a classic roadside feature. Ideal for advertising both day and night, they are illuminated from inside, creating a bold and brilliant beacon, showcasing your business 24 hours a day. The Sign Chef can craft a cabinet sign for you, as well as renew, update and replace current signage.
We understand how hard it can be to find the right sign company, especially in this highly volatile business environment.
Figuring out the best commercial signage to use outdoors can be an equally time-consuming task.
It's an astounding fact - about 85% of your potential customers pass by your business each month.
The best way to take advantage of that is to put a well-designed, well-placed sign on your property. You are paying good money for your location to make it work to your advantage. A custom outdoor business sign provides the opportunity to convert your business location into cash. Additionally, outdoor signs create a visual identity for your business and attract customers.
Your Design Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed.
This unique Guarantee is only offered by TheSignChef.com.
We guarantee you will be delighted with your final design,
or your Money Back - simple as that.
See full details.
We Serve All Types of Organizations
Product Information for Custom Outdoor Business Signs
What are the 7 best sign materials for outdoor use?
Here is the definitive list of the top 7 business sign materials used to manufacture outdoor signs:
Invented in 1965, Dibond has stood the test of time outside as one of the most durable construction materials available in the entire sign industry. Rigid, aluminum-plated Dibond custom sign panels are:
- Unusually versatile
- UV stable, and
- Unaffected by hot & cold temperature extremes.
The engineered, honeycomb structure of Alumalite provides 240% greater panel strength for areas prone to high winds. The impressive, weather-resistant characteristics of Alumalite signs are the same as Dibond.
For rectangular or square shapes, Alumalite remains one of the best materials to use for exterior signs. Other types of materials are preferred when custom sign shapes are required.
Big or Small, We Do All Custom Signs!
- While most sign companies are setting limits to what size your business sign can be, we are printing outdoor signs in every size.
- Outdoor signage from TheSignChef comes in sizes up to 6' x 12' in a single, seamless sheet.
- If you need a sign that is larger than that, no worries! Just let us know, and we'll make sure to get you any size business sign you need.
- The most popular storefront sign sizes available for custom Outdoor Signs are as follows:
- 10" x 12"
- 12" x 18"
- 18" x 24"
- 24" x 36"
- 36" x 72"
- 48" x 96"
- 48" x 120"
We find the right solutions and custom-cut more shapes for Outdoor Signs than any other sign company!
- TheSignChef.com will cut your Outdoor Signage to ANY custom shape.
- Pictured below are a few custom sign shapes, if you need an Outdoor Sign in a unique shape, let us know.
Your options for Custom Outdoor Signs:
- Aluminum: Custom aluminum signs are strong, lightweight and super durable. Aluminum is the thinnest of all metal sign composites.
- Alumalite: Alumalite is a metal sign panel made of a corrugated plastic core sandwiched between 2 large aluminum sign boards.
- Dibond: Dibond is a metal sign panel made of a solid plastic core sandwiched between 2 large aluminum sign boards.
- ARMOUR-Wood: ARMOUR-Wood is a metal sign panel made of a solid wood core sandwiched between 2 large aluminum sign boards. This is the strongest metal sign composite.
- Coroplast: These are made from a durable corrugated plastic and are therefore extremely lightweight. They are also waterproof, making them preferable to foam core mounting board, and more professional looking than poster board.
- Dura-Wood: These classic wooden signs are still popular for a number of reasons. They are extremely strong and weather resistant. We also use rot-safe wood.
- A-Frames: A-frames (also called sandwich boards) are a sharp looking and easy-to-install way to display your outdoor signs on sidewalks or in the center of town plazas. We have a wide selection of styles and sizes for your signage.
We offer more colors for Outdoor Signs than anyone out there on the web!
- You can now choose from ANY color under the sun when designing your new business sign, stickers, cards and banners.
- You can even choose a reflective color.
- PMS Color Match available on most materials.
Displaying Outdoor Signage is easy!
- We offer installation kits and accessories that will help you mount your new sign to wood, metal, stucco, brick masonry or concrete!
- We offer a large variety of scroll brackets for hanging your new custom sign.
- We can drill holes to the top of your sign to simplify the hanging process.
- A selection of screw caps is available for a finished polished look.
- The adhesive backing available on small and lightweight signage.
- Complete selection of frames, posts, and stakes.
- We offer a variety of sidewalk A-Frames.
Sometimes, all you want is the bottom line!
- Our online Outdoor Sign pricing tool instantly calculates the exact prices on Outdoor Signs.
- At TheSignChef.com, shipping for all Outdoor Signs is free for orders within the continental US greater than $125 for ground and greater than $400 for freight.
- Orders outside the state of South Carolina are tax-free!
- We do offer quantity breaks at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2500 and 5000.
Available Design Options:
- PMS Color Match
- Brushed Silver Finish
- Brushed Gold Finish
- Mirror Finish
- Custom Hole Placement
- Custom Shapes
- Rounded Corners
- Dry Erase Laminate
- Reflective Colors
- Trim Cap
Frequently Asked Questions about Custom Outdoor Business Signs
- HDU - High Dimensional Urethane
- Lexan Plastic Faces
- Western Red Cedar Wood
The world’s longest lasting outdoor signs include TheSignChef’s custom 3D metal letters, logos, and solid metal plaques which come with a Lifetime Replacement Warranty.
Other forever products include solid & deep formed dimensional plastic letters.
Exceptionally durable sign materials like High-Density Urethane & Western Red Cedar can last for decades outside.
- Viewing Distance
- Letter Size
- Number of Words, and
- Available Space
Yes, we will gladly assist you with the layout and design of all your custom signs, free of charge. All orders come with a 100% Design Satisfaction Guarantee or Your Money Back.
A wall sign's price varies on size, material, finish and how you are attaching it.
It depends on what kind of sign you are interested in, be it channel lettering or a real estate sign. The most popular sizes for outdoor signs are 10” x 12”, 24” x 36”, “48 x 48” & “48 x 96”, among others.
Outdoor signs can be hung in many different ways, from custom-lighted cabinets to classic brackets or screws.
A lighted sign is highly visible at night. Signs like channel letters will catch the eyes of passersby long after the sun has set.
No sign is truly weatherproof, though there are ways to make one weather resistant. One of the most important things to consider when purchasing an outdoor sign is solar protection. Without any protection, your sign will quickly fade.
There is no special term for outdoor signs, though you may hear the words “exterior” or “outdoor” used interchangeably with “outside.”
There are many different kinds of outdoor signs, whether they be channel letters or real estate signs. Size and illumination are two factors that affect the cost of a sign.
You can separate outdoor signs into traditional and digital. The latter category are primarily screens, while the former are essentially those without screens – aluminum signs, channel lettering, etc.
One of the ways you can mount a sign without screws or nails is to use command strips, which don’t leave any markings on the wall.
There are many ways to install an outdoor sign because it all depends on where you want to put it. It could be as simple as sticking a sign in your yard or mounting dimensional letters to a wall.
Channel letters are a type of three-dimensional signage. Most channel letters are illuminated so they are visible during the day and even more so at night. Their name is derived from the channel in each letter, which houses the illumination.
“Solar protection” refers to material that affects a sign’s fade resistance. Most signs fade after 2 years if they are not protected.
In order to keep your sign from fading, you need a UV protective laminate. Depending on the laminated, a sign can go 3 years or all the way up to 10 years without fading