You can use nearly any design, artwork, logo or text for your replacement sign faces.
Available design options:
- PMS color match
- Custom hole placement
- Custom Shapes
- Rounded corners
There are two options for applying color to your replacement sign faces. We can print your design onto translucent vinyl in full color, laminate it and then apply it to the sign face. Because the artwork is applied to the surface of the sign, it will be exposed to the elements and be more prone to damage.
The other option is to reverse print your design onto clear Lexan in three layers. This option provides better protection and will have longer lasting vibrancy, but an additional charge will be incurred.
- Completely Flat - The standard thickness of a plastic replacement sign face is 3/16”. A completely ﬂat sign retains this thickness throughout with no raised elements. This style is the least expensive.
- Pan Molded - This style describes a sign surface that extends out beyond its lighted cabinet. Some people say this style looks like the face is “bubbled out.”
- Pan and Embossed - This type of sign is similar to the Pan Molded style, as its face “bubbles out” but it takes a step further with raised letters or graphics.
Since lighted signage is often found outdoors, it is important that the material you choose is durable. It must outlast wind, rain or anything that Mother Nature may throw at it.
Replacement Sign Faces are available in three levels of durability:
- Good - Acrylic and Plexiglas
- Better - High Impact Acrysteel and Acrylite SG
- Best - Super Impact Lexan, Lexan SG, and Polycarbonate
The Acrylic and Plexiglas plastic replacement sign face is a popular choice for outdoor illuminated signage. Signs made from this material are cut to order from 4’ x 8’ sheets to fit your unique, individual needs. This material is also available in oversize sheets on special order.
Acrylic and Plexiglas plastic Replacement Sign Face sheeting can crack or break under stress.
If you need a high impact plastic sign material or a sign larger than 4’ x 8’, we highly recommend the following:
- Acrysteel Plastic has 10 times the impact strength of standard acrylic or Plexiglas Plastic. With enhanced break resistance, Acrysteel and Acrylite SG are among the most popular materials used for a replacement sign
- Lexan Plastic is an uncommonly strong sign material that has 50 times the impact strength of standard Acrylic or Plexiglas Plastic. Lexan is so tough, it’s used as bullet-proof glass!
- Acrysteel and Lexan plastic replacement sign faces are commonly used for larger signs, especially outdoor lighted signs. In “high risk” applications where breakage is more likely to occur, we recommend Lexan over any other plastic sign material.