Acrylic Plastic Letters
What Are Acrylic Letters?
As their name suggests, acrylic letters are made from plastic, making them durable and lightweight signage. Among sign types, they are relatively inexpensive and highly customizable, coming in many colors, fonts and sizes. In fact, acrylic letters range from 2 inches to over 6 feet.
Installing acrylic letters is easy enough to do it yourself, saving you money! In only a matter of minutes, you can have your new acrylic letters all set up.
If you're looking for plastic lettering but acrylic letters aren't what you want, consider checking out our page on molded plastic letters.
We also provide metal letters.
If you're interested in illuminated letters, considering visiting our page on lighted channel letters.
ContentsWhat Are Acrylic Letters? Why Use Acrylic Letters? Are Acrylic Letters for Outdoor or Indoor Use? Can You Get Numbers and Logos? How Much Do Acrylic Letters Cost? How Are Acrylic Letters Installed? Looking for Other Dimensional Letters? Looking for Other Dimensional Letters?
Why Use Acrylic Letters?
There are several reasons to choose acrylic letters for your signage:
- 1) Because they are made from plastic, they are exceptionally customizable, allowing you to choose just about any font, style, size or color.
- 2) They are relatively inexpensive because they are plastic instead of metal or other more costly materials.
- 3) They have a sleek, polished look which greatly enhances any surface you put them on and provides a strong first impression to potential customers.
- 4) They are durable and long lasting AND backed by our Lifetime Replacement Warranty guarantee against breaking or fading.
Are Acrylic Letters for Outdoor or Indoor Use?
Both! They look great up close or faraway. Durable, fade- and weather-resistant, acrylic letters can handle harsh outdoor conditions, ranging from the coldest to the hottest temperatures.
How Are Acrylic Letters Made?
Most acrylic letters are laser cut, giving them a sharp, refined look.
Can You Get Numbers and Logos?
Yes. In addition to letters, you can get custom-made logos, symbols, and numerals. When finer details matter, such as for intricate logos, plastic is far better at achieving premium results as opposed to metal.
How Much Do Acrylic Letters Cost?
Numerous variables affect the final price of acrylic plastic letters. Letter thickness, number of characters, & pigmentation versus painted* are a few of the factors that can alter pricing. To give you a starting point, here's an example. 1/8" thick, 8" tall pigmented letters cost around $8.40 per letter.
Because they are made from plastic, acrylic letters are less expensive than those made from bronze, aluminum or brass. They are very affordable and make for a good investment.
*"Pigmentation versus painted" refers to whether a letter is produced a certain color (pigmented) or the color is painted on top (painted).
How Are Acrylic Letters Installed?
For installation, acrylic letters utilize stud mounting, which involves attaching small studs to the back of each individual letter so that it can be mounted on a surface of your choosing. However, if you are installing them indoors and they are under 6 feet, you may be able to simply use double-sided tape. If you want your acrylic letters to give a sense of depth, you can have them projection mounted.
Looking for Other Dimensional Letters?
We've got a great informational page on 3D dimensional letters if you're looking for a different type. Not only does it include links to our other letter types (channel letters, metal letters & more), it also has a free downloadable PDF that details the various dimensional lettering options there are.
Acrylic Plastic Letters Examples
Product Information for Acrylic Plastic Letters
Your options for custom Real Estate Signs:
Watch our instructional videos about real estate signs to learn more about selecting thickness, size, shape and design, as well as stress-free installation.
Big or Small, We Do It All!
While most sign companies are limiting the size your sign can be, we offer them in a lot of different sizes. We have materials up to 5' x 10' in a single, seamless sheet.
If you need a sign larger than that, no worries! Just let us know, and we'll make sure to get you the size you need.
Common Real Estate Sign Sizes:
- 12" x 18"
- 18" x 24"
- 24" x 24"
- 24" x 36"
- 36" x 48"
Select a custom shape for any real estate sign
Pictured below are a few custom shape options. If you need a more unique shape, just let us know.
Available Design Options:
- PMS Color Match
- Brushed Silver Finish
- Brushed Gold Finish
- Mirror Finish
- Custom Hole Placement
- Custom Shapes
- Rounded Corners
- Dry Erase Laminate
- Reflective Colors
Choose From Any Color Under the Sun
- You can even choose a reflective color.
- PMS Color Match available on most materials.
- Specialty finishes including brushed gold, mirror gold, brushed silver or mirror silver are available in a standard .040" aluminum thickness.
Displaying a Real Estate Sign is Easy
- We offer installation kits and accessories to help you mount your real estate sign to wood, metal, stucco, brick masonry or concrete.
- We offer a large variety of scroll brackets for hanging your real estate sign.
- We can drill holes into the top of your real estate sign to simplify the hanging process.
- A large collection of frames, posts, and stakes are available for easy and quick installation.
- Adhesive backing is available for small and lightweight real estate signs.
Sometimes, all you want is the bottom line!
- Our online sign pricing calculator tabulates prices in real time.
- At TheSignChef.com, shipping for real estates signs is free for orders within the continental U.S. greater than $50 for ground and greater than $400 for freight.
- Orders outside the state of South Carolina are tax-free!
- We do offer quantity breaks at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2500 and 5000.