HDU Signs Give You a Carved Wood Sign Look - Without the Hefty Price
High Density Urethane foam is a strong, naturally waterproof sign material made for creating dimensional signs at a lower cost (and weight!) than redwood.
HDU signs have a carved look, can feature smooth or textured backgrounds, and are available in a couple different thicknesses.
- Get a sophisticated look at an economical price
- Great for residential areas
- Ideal for custom shapes
- Recreate the redwood look with a more economical material
HDU Signs in Action
Sandblasted High Density Urethane Foam Signs
Some people come to TheSignChef searching specifically for Sandblasted Redwood Signs but then opt to use Sandblasted HDU Foam Signs instead. HDU foam is a flexible, durable material and is much thicker than most types of foam. It was designed specifically to make signs, and can be made to look dimensional just like redwood signs.
Our HDU signs come in 1.5", 2", 3" or 4" finished dimension. Because HDU is a synthetic material, sandblasting each piece produces a predictable result every time
In addition, an HDU sign will not warp, crack or bow like a solid wood sign can when exposed to the elements. Because it is lighter than wood, installation is simplified and shipping, in most cases is lower. The HDU sign panels can be seamlessly laminated together to create any size shape or form you need for your business or promotion.
Why Buy HDU Signs?
We live in a world that is "going green"more and more with each day. So let's face it…some people choose HDU signs over Redwood to save trees!
HDU Foam Signs are lower in price than Sandblasted Redwood Signs. The material itself is cheaper, and manufacturing costs are lower because the material itself is easier to shape than wood.
As a petroleum based material, HDU is naturally waterproof. This means that HDU lasts longer than wood and doesn't need to be replaced as often.
Common Uses for HDU Signs
- Street Signs
- Corporate Signs
- Road-Side Signs
- Monument Signs
- Wall Mounted Signs
- Residential Signs
- Camp/Park Signs
- Directional Signage
The Sign Chef Video Library
High Density Urethane is a versatile sign material and we here at TheSignChef.com want you to know all there is to know about it. We have produced a small collection of videos to help you decide if HDU is the right sign material for you and your new sign.
HDU Sign Options
HDU- Can I Get Any Shape I Want?
HDU- What Does HDU Look Like Up Close?
Here are the key points to know about custom HDU Signs:
- Sign styles have an attractive, rustic finish.
- Has a dimensional finish.
- HDU background with carved raised letters, creates a professional look, with more character than a flat sign.
- Available with a smooth background, carved wood background, pebble texture background or venetian grain.
- Solid and strong.
- Available one-sided or two-sided.
- Available in 1 1/2", 2", 3", 4" thickness.
- Triple coated enamel finish.
Big or Small, We Do It All!
- While most sign companies are setting limits to what size your HDU Sign can be, we are printing HDU Signs in every size.
- No sign is too big. Just let us know what size you need, and we'll make sure to get you any size HDU Sign you need.
- The most popular sizes available for custom HDU Signs are as follows:
- 8" x 12"
- 12" x 12"
- 12" x 18"
- 18" x 24"
- 24" x 36"
- 24" x 48"
- 36" x 60"
- 48" x 72"
- 48" x 96"
Available Design Options:
- PMS Color Match
- Custom Hole Placement
- Custom Shapes
- Rounded Corners
Sometimes, all you want is the bottom line!
- Our online sign pricing tool instantly calculates the exact prices on HDU Signs.
- At TheSignChef.com, shipping for HDU Signage and all other indoor and outdoor signs is free for orders within the continental US greater than $50 for ground and greater than $400 for freight.
- Orders outside the state of South Carolina are tax-free!
- We do offer quantity breaks at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50 and 100.
We offer more colors for HDU than anyone out there on the web!
- You can now choose from ANY color under the sun when designing your new signage.
- PMS Color Match available on most materials.
We custom cut more shapes for HDU than any other sign company!
- TheSignChef.com will cut your HDU Signage to ANY custom shape.
- Pictured below are a few custom sign shapes, if you need an HDU Sign in a more unique shape, let us know.
Displaying HDU Signage is easy!
- We offer installation kits that will help you mount your new sign to wood, metal, stucco, brick masonry or concrete!
- We offer a large variety of scroll brackets for hanging your new custom sign.
- We can drill holes to the top of your sign to simplify the hanging process.
- HDU Signs can be mounted between two post or attach to a single post.
- The mounting process is usually done by the contractor or handy man.
Frequently Asked Questions About HDU Signs
"Just how fast can you build a HDU sign for a corporation?"
We make HDU signs quick. As quickly as you approve the finished design on the internet, your HDU signs will ship in just 4 weeks!
HDU signs are custom routed and painted and do require some extra production time, please authorize the exact turnaround time with Customer Service at 1-800-899-6272.
"Is it possible to help me with a rush order, even for a HDU sign?"
We're well furnished with product and staff to address rush orders for a wide variety of HDU signs. For those times you get in a bind and need your HDU sign fast, we'll bend over backwards to aid what you are promoting get the HDU sign you need, when it's needed!
"Can I receive my HDU signs customized online with any layout I want?"
You will get virtually any design or color combination you need for your HDU sign.
"What is the minimum order for HDU signs?"
The minimum order for a HDU sign is simply one!
Quantity price breaks begin with merely two HDU signs. Naturally, the more you buy together, the better you save (like all our custom signs).
"Do you offer any quantity reductions for HDU signs?"
The greater number of HDU signs you purchase, the less every single one will cost you. Which means that your HDU signs can reach a higher number of people for a more cost-effective price!
"What if my HDU sign arrives with a flaw or perhaps damaged...what can you do?"
If your HDU sign or some other product arrives damaged or possesses production defects, please call Customer Service via Live Chat or contact us at 1-800-899-6272 immediately. Manufacturing defects come under our Workmanship Guarantee, therefore we will replace your sign free.
If you are attempting to contact us after business hours, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as business hours resume.